Our featured coffee recipe for the month of February is a delicious Valentine’s Day inspired
dessert, a Cherry Mocha Shake. This creamy treat combines vanilla ice cream with chocolate, dark
cherries and Som’s Mokka Java coffee. The result is a milkshake that tastes like a chocolate cherry
cordial with a hint of full-bodied Indonesian coffee. This is a perfect Valentine’s day coffee treat. Bundle up with someone you love and enjoy this with a sappy romantic movie, as dessert, or for Valentine’s brunch.
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- And 2oz brewed Som’s Mokka Java, chilled. Order here: https://somscafe.com/product/mokka-java-2/
- 1oz Hershey Syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen dark cherries.
- 6oz milk
- Whipped Cream and sprinkles of your choice
- The first step in this recipe is to brew some Som’s Mokka Java and chill it in your fridge for about 20-30 minutes or until it is ice cold. My recommendation is to use our preferred method of brewing espresso in a Bialetti Mokka Pot. You can find instructions and a video on how to use a Mokka pot in our blog post: https://somscafe.com/how-to-make-a-latte-cappuccino-at-home/. If you don’t have a Mokka Pot, you can use whatever brewing method you would normally use to make coffee to brew the Mokka Java. The most important thing for this recipe is that you chill the coffee so that it does not melt the ice cream when you blend the shake.
- Once your coffee has chilled long enough to be ice cold, combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a glass and top with whipped cream and whatever topping you would like. You can top your shake with some colorful Valentine’s Day sprinkles, chocolate shavings, or a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- Enjoy this tasty dessert with someone you love.