Our Cinnamon Bun Latte was a very popular drink special at our café during the winter months and is perfect to enjoy on a cold winter morning. If you just need a little warm winter treat, this is a great choice.
- 2 pumps/ squeezes white chocolate sauce
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- 3oz brewed Som’s Cafe Espresso Blend, Mokka Java order it here: https://somscafe.com/product/mokka-java-2/
- Warm and frothed milk
- Add about two dashes of ground cinnamon to your choice of milk and stir that into the milk as is heats up on medium for @ 5 minutes until it reaches 140° (or when the first small bubbles and steam appears). By doing this you will infuse the milk with the cinnamon flavor that you want in your drink to make it truly taste like a cinnamon roll. When you froth the milk with the immersion blender, this will further incorporate the cinnamon into the milk, ensuring that there are no clumps of ground cinnamon going into your drink.
- For a 16oz mug, add 3 squeezes of white chocolate sauce into the mug. This ingredient can be a little harder to find in grocery stores than regular chocolate sauce. Some grocery stores have a selection of coffee syrups and sauces in their coffee aisle. World Market has a good selection of gourmet coffee syrups, so if you have one in your area that would be a good place to look for some white chocolate sauce too. If you can’t find white chocolate sauce, a good substitution would be to use a white hot chocolate mix instead.
- Add 1tsp brown sugar and 3oz brewed espresso. Stir the sauce and sugar into the espresso well to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the cinnamon infused warm milk while holding back the foam. Fill the cup with the milk up to about 1/2 in. below the rim of the cup. Give your drink another stir just to get the cinnamon milk mixed together well with the other ingredients.
- Scoop the foam on top of the milk and add a dash of cinnamon on top of the foam.
- Optional, add a drizzle of white chocolate sauce to make it like the icing drizzled on top of a cinnamon bun.