What is the Easter Bunny’s favorite specialty drink? He loves our Carrot Cake Tea Latte. He wants you to be able to have it too so we’ve shared his favorite recipe. It might sound strange to have a carrot cake latte but think about the first time that you had a pumpkin spice latte and how amazing that was. This has all the flavor of carrot cake and is made with real carrots, cinnamon, cardamom, pumpkin, and black currants. It is delicious but also really good for you. Kids of all ages will love this Easter Bunny Latte.
- Easter Bunny Carrot Cake Tea. You can order some here https://somscafe.com/product/easter-bunny-carrot-cake-tea/ or get it @PerkinsOrchard in Durham.
- Milk of choice. For a dairy alternative I suggest oat milk because it froths very well.
- Optional sweeteners of choice. My favorites are honey, agave, or stevia, but many people like it without sweeteners.
For detailed instructions and a video for how to make a tea latte, see our previous post: https://somscafe.com/how-to-make-a-tea-latte/. Here are the summary instructions for the Easter Bunny Tea Latte:
- Bring water to a full boil and measure the tea to put into an infuser. Double the amount of normal tea for a latte to get the strength to cut through the milk. Use 2tsp of Carrot Cake Tea per 8oz. Most American mugs will need 3-4 tsp of tea.
- Once tea is boiled, heat up your cup or pot by swishing a little hot water in it and pouring it out. For a latte you will make a tea concentrate, so just fill your mug 1/3 full of water. You will fill it the rest of the way up with the steamed milk after you have made your tea concentrate.
- Steep your tea in the mug covered with a saucer for 4 minutes.
- Heat your milk for @5 minutes until it is @140°F (or when it starts steaming). Use a hand blender, French press, or whisk to froth the milk.
- Once tea is steeped squish the tea leaves to get the concentrated liquid into your cup.
- Optional, add sweetener of your choice into the tea, pour in the steamed milk and stir well.
- Use a spoon to scoop some of the foam on top and enjoy!