I love making creative seasonal pancakes for my kids. I saw recipes for chai tea pancakes so I wanted to see if we could make pancakes using our eggnog tea to give the eggnog flavor without all of the extra fat and calories. To top it off I wanted to make some eggnog clotted cream (fat and calories back in, LOL). Clotted cream is fabulous on pancakes, bagels, and muffins as well as scones. I couldn’t find any eggnog clotted cream recipes so I made up my own. The result? My kids said that we should put it in our family recipes and make them every year. They were delicious.
As a company we love coming up with creative ideas for coffee, tea, wine, beer, etc. So we wanted to share our recipe with you. It is our first go at this, so please feel free to share any thoughts if you try this recipe out to help us perfect it.
Eggnog Tea Pancakes
- 6 tsp of Eggnog Tea https://somscafe.com/product/egg-nog-black-tea/
- 1/2 cup Ice
- 1/3 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 2.5 cups complete pancake mix of choice
- 2 Tbsp Eggnog
- Brew Eggnog Tea concentrate. To see more detailed instructions see our post on how to brew a proper cup of tea https://somscafe.com/how-to-make-delicious-cafe-quality-tea-from-home/ . Here is the summary. Bring your filtered water to a full boil. Warm up your cup. Put 6tsp of Eggnog Tea in 8oz. of water. Cover the cup with a saucer and let it steep for 4-5 minutes. Once it has steeped, squeeze the tea leaves to extract the flavor in the leaves.
- Once the tea has brewed add @1/2 cup of ice to cool the tea down and prevent it from cooking the egg.
- Use the tea base as your water for complete pancake mix and follow the directions on the box. We used 2.5 cups of pancake mix for our family with three boys.
- Add 1/3tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp cinnamon to the mix. I also recommend adding 1 egg.
- Add approximately 2tbsp eggnog to consistency preference for pancakes.
- Cook pancakes according to directions on the pancake mix box.
Eggnog Mock Clotted Cream
- 1/3 cup Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Eggnog
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1/2tsp Nutmeg
- Put mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for a few minutes prior to starting.
- Beat softened cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Add in sour cream and powdered sugar and beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Add whipping cream and eggnog and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form @3-5 minutes.
- Top with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For regular recipes and tricks like this, subscribe to our monthly coffee and/or tea subscription https://somscafe.com/product/coffee-and-tea-monthly-subscription/. For monthly subscription members we will be sharing creative recipes just like this that go along with our products. We will also have an interactive zoom group for demonstrations and to hear ideas from amazing customers like you! Let us know how this recipe went for you in the comments below and any other suggestions for improvement.