How to make a latte in 1 minute
I really like having a latte, but sometimes I don’t have time to make it the proper way on the stove. (See our previous post for instructions on how to make a proper latte or tea latte https://somscafe.com/category/how-to/). I was very excited to find this quick fix to add some steamed milk to my left over tea or coffee later in the day to revive it for an afternoon pick-me-up.
Ordinarily if you are making a latte or a tea latte, you would have a concentrated coffee or tea base, but for the sake of this quick treat, I start by using my premade coffee or tea from the morning.
- Fill your mug up about 1/2 to 2/3rds full with premade coffee or tea and heat your coffee or tea in the microwave.
- Put milk into a jar with a tight fitting lid about 1/4-1/3 full. This works better with real milk than almond or soy milk. Oat milk may be a good non-dairy alternative because it is very frothy.
- Shake the milk vigorously for about 30 seconds until it is frothy.
- Take the lid off of the jar and heat it up in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the steamed milk into your mug.
- Add any sweeteners or flavorings and stir.
- Spoon the frothy foam on top.
Let me know how your quick latte turns out. I’d love to hear your comments. Check out the video below to learn how to make a caramel apple tea latte and to see the action.