Our featured coffee beverage recipe for April is the Lavender Vanilla Latte. Every spring we featured this drink special at Som’s Café and it became popular among the customers as a unique seasonal treat. To make this drink, you will need to get some lavender coffee syrup. You can find it at places like Home Goods in their gourmet food section or it can be ordered online from http://www.monin.com/us/lavender-syrup . The Monin website features many recipes for other beverages like lemonade, iced tea and cocktails to try with the lavender syrup, if you want to use it in some other beverages besides the latte. If you would like to use natural lavender, we have some available by request if you email email@example.com.
The rest of this recipe is a pretty straightforward variation of our Basic Café Latte recipe, the link and a video is below or you can find it in the Tips and Tricks section of our website https://somscafe.com/how-to-make-a-latte-cappuccino-at-home/ .
- 1/2 oz vanilla syrup
- 1/2 oz lavender syrup
- 3 oz brewed Som’s Café Mokka Java (see link below to order)
- Frothed and steamed milk or cold milk depending on your preference
- In a 16 oz mug, combine first three ingredients and stir.
- Pour steamed milk into the mug, holding back the foam, up to about 1/2 inch below the rim of the mug. Stir again to incorporate all ingredients.
- Scoop foam onto the top of the milk.
- On a hot day you can make an iced version of this drink by pouring the first three ingredients into a glass. Add cold milk until the glass is about 2/3 full. Stir and top off glass with ice.