It tastes amazing to combine two superfoods, matcha and moringa, with one of our favorite comfort foods, hot chocolate.
This version is a classic dairy-filled hot chocolate mix that has a minimal amount of stevia, coconut sugar, and brown sugar added for sweetness. With hot water, it is ready to be consumed. See “Pure Matcha Moringa Cocoa Powder” for the version that is free of dairy and sweeteners.
Finding healthy comfort food substitutes will help me enjoy some of the things I love without jeopardizing my and my family’s health, which is one of my New Year’s resolutions for better health. Our Super Food Hot Chocolate, which contains matcha, moringa, and pure cocoa powder, is one of my favorite dishes. You can simply modify this to suit your personal health needs, culinary preferences, or those of your kids.
- 3 tsp Som’s Matcha, Moringa, Cocoa Powder https://somscafe.com/product/pure-matcha-moringa-cocoa/
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3 packets of stevia or sweetener of choice
- 1 cup steamed milk of choice
- 1/2 cup hot filtered water 175°F
- Heat filtered water to 175°F. (Just as the little bubbles start forming on the bottom of the pot).
- Steam 1 cup of milk of choice. If you do not have a steamer, heat up milk for approximately 5 minutes to 140°F and froth with a hand mixer or whisk.
- Put 3 tsp of Som’s Matcha, Moringa, Cocoa Powder, sweeteners, and salt into a 16 oz mug and fill 1/3 full with the heated water and whisk until blended.
- Pour in steamed milk and stir.
- Add frothed steam with a spoon on top.
- Can add marshmallows, extra sweetener, or a little chocolate syrup to increase the chocolate flavor and make a more decadent treat.