This Raspberry Blue Matcha Lemonade is my kid’s favorite drink from our collection. It is also a favorite of their friends and was recently very popular at our Nex Gen CEO event and at the elementary school career fair. Even kids that don’t like tea liked this drink. So I can confidently say that this drink is kid approved. It is also mom approved as it gets my kids to drink matcha and has the attractive color naturally from the blue pea flower mixed with the yellow lemon.
You can get this bottled at Perkins Orchard in Durham, Lugano Ristorante in Cary as a cocktail and coming soon to Sushioki in Durham. Or you can make it at home by ordering our Raspberry Blue Matcha. Here is the recipe for summer fun with your friends and family.
- Som’s Cafe Raspberry Blue Matcha (order here: https://somscafe.com/product/raspberry-blue-matcha/)
- Lemonade of Choice
- Hot Water
- Lemon Slices (optional)
- Additional Sweetener (optional)
- Heat 2 oz. per serving of Filtered Water to 190°F.
- Measure 1 tsp of Raspberry Blue Matcha per serving into a jar (or your container of choice).
- Pour the heated water into the jar and whisk the powder to a thick paste.
- Add ice to fill the jar about 2/3rds full.
- Fill the jar with lemonade. It should be about half and half lemonade and Matcha mix. My kids like the Country Time Lemonade but my husband and I prefer to just squeeze a big piece of lemon and some stevia and stir.
- Add any extra sweetener to taste and top with lemon slices. For a two cup mason jar serving I usually add two stevia for my kids.