Our coffee recipe for the month of May is the Salted Caramel Rooibos Coffee Cooler. It is a refreshing combination of our featured subscription coffee for May, Ethiopia Guiji, with one of our most popular teas.
This iced beverage uses the same concept as our Mokka Berry Cold Brew recipe for combining cold brewed tea and coffee but with a different tea and coffee. The tea we will use in this recipe is our Salted Caramel Rooibos. This may sound like an odd combination with the citrusy Ethiopia Guiji, but trust me, it works.
The citrus notes in the Ethiopia Guiji make the berry notes in the Rooibos tea pop and the fruity notes in the tea and coffee complement the salted caramel flavor, making this drink’s overall flavor unique and unforgettable.
- 1oz Som’s Café Salted Caramel Rooibos
- 12oz Som’s Café Ethiopia Guiji
- 1.5 Gallons of Filtered Water
- Sweetener of your choice
- Cold brew 1/4 gallon of Ethiopia Guiji coffee and 1 oz of Salted Caramel Rooibos tea concentrate 24 hours before serving.
- To make the coffee, follow the instructions for Som’s Cafe Cold Brew, but use Ethiopia Guiji instead of Beginnings Blend and brew for 24 hours.
- Brew 1 oz of Salted Caramel Rooibos in 1/4 gallon of filtered water for 24 hours to concentrate the tea. Use the entire 1 oz package to make a potent concentrate.
- Once the coffee and tea are finished brewing, fill a 16oz glass halfway with ice.
- Add the cold-brewed Ethiopia Guiji coffee until the glass is half full.
- Fill the glass to the top with the Salted Caramel Rooibos concentrate.
- Stir to combine the tea and coffee, and enjoy! Optionally, add a sweetener of your choice, but the drink is already flavorful and complex without it.