After all of the holiday celebrations this white chocolate peppermint tea has been very soothing. The peppermint is not too strong but enough to calm a tummy that has had too many treats the past few weeks, and the white chocolate taste of the tea is from all natural cocoa and herbs so it has a clean and healthy feel with a mellow white chocolate flavor but no added sugar. It is half caff, so enough to give a little boost without a lot of added caffeine.
This tea also makes a nice latte that is comforting and also good for you, or you can make it more like a treat by adding some white chocolate syrup or a piece of white chocolate candy from the holidays. However you want to drink it, it is delicious. This is also a healthy alternative to hot chocolate for my children.
- Som’s Cafe Snow Man White Chocolate Peppermint Tea. Order it here: https://somscafe.com/product/snow-man-white-chocolate-peppermint-tea/
- Filtered Water
- Milk of Choice (I find oat milk to be the frothiest milk alternative)
- Sweetener of Choice (optional)
- White Chocolate Syrup or White Chocolate Candy (optional)
- Bring filtered or spring water to a full boil.
- Measure loose leaf tea and put it in your infuser. For lattes we use a concentrated amount of tea: 1.5-2tsp./8oz. For a standard 14-16 oz. mug I use 3 tsp of tea.
- Heat up your milk on medium heat for @ 5 minutes or until it reaches 140°F (usually right after it starts steaming & the first small bubbles appear).
- When the water comes to temperature, pour a little of it into your cup and swirl it around, then pour it out to heat up your mug. (For more detailed information or to see a demonstration video, follow this link: https://somscafe.com/how-to-make-a-tea-latte/)
- Fill up your cup 1/3 full with water, put in your tea, and cover the cup with a saucer to steep for 4 minutes (see image below).
- Once your milk has come to temperature, use a stick blender or whisk to froth the milk and set it aside (see image below).
- When the tea has finished steeping, use a spoon to squish the leaves and dump out your tea leaves.
- If you would like any sweetener, add it to the tea and stir.
- Pour the steamed milk to fill your mug, leaving a little room to scoop some foam on top.
- Enjoy it as is or add sweetener of choice.
- If you would like a more decadent treat, you can add some white chocolate syrup or melt some white chocolate chips or white chocolate candy pieces in the tea.
- Fill cup 1/3 full with water. 2. Steep tea covered. 3. Use a stick blender or whisk to froth the milk.