I love teaching people how to make tea part of their lifestyle. There are several steps to making a proper cup of tea and that may feel overwhelming to some people. This is how I teach many friends who are either new to drinking tea and need easy steps, or who want a faster way to make it part of their daily routine.
- Bottom Pour Pitcher: Order here https://somscafe.com/product/bottom-pour-pitcher/
- Loose Leaf Tea
- Filtered Water
- Measure out the loose leaf tea and put it into your bottom pour pitcher. For a regular cup of tea use 1tsp/8oz. For a latte or iced tea make it more concentrated by using 2tsp/8oz.
- Fill the pitcher up with filtered water. (Tip, the higher the quality of your water, the better your tea will be).
- Let it sit overnight for 8-12 hours either on the counter or in your refrigerator.
- Put it over your cup and watch it fill the cup from the bottom.
- If you want it hot just warm it up in the microwave in a mug.
- If you would like it as a latte, just add some milk, heat it for 30 seconds and shake vigorously in a container with a lid. Follow this vlog for the super fast latte hack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHuMIjY-IOk
- You can reuse your leaves by adding a little bit of fresh leaves and refilling with water. Let it sit in the fridge for 8-12 hours. Tea will last for several days in the fridge.
- When you are done, dump your leaves, rinse, and air dry.